Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Finally...

I can start posting again. It has been exactly two weeks since the cataract was removed, and I am really doing fine. I had to be very good the first week. One of the things I was not supposed to do was bend over.

Well, I hadn't realized how much I do that requires bending over. A lot of the things I need in the kitchen are in the lower cupboards; getting something from the lower shelves in the fridge; picking up something I dropped; all manner of things.

And then there's Sadie. Her food dish is on the floor, she herself is close to the floor, so that when she wants out, and has to get her leash on, you guessed it, I bend over. So, for the first week, I wished that Sadie was a Saint Bernard, and tried to remember to bend my knees and look straight out, and not down.

Now bending my knees shouldn't be a real problem, for most folk, but having the dreaded fibromyalgia meant that after the first 20 times or so, my legs started to burn a little. Anyhow, I got through it, and the second week went much better, when the Dr. said I could go back to normal activity, and drive the car, and bend over. Hurray!

I only missed one choir practice and one church service, as I have an assistant who took over for me. She's a sweetheart. I did attend church, and it felt very strange sitting in the pew.

That reminds me. I had better wrap this up for now, because it is choir practice night, and I have a job to do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your operation went well, Bonnie and that life is starting to get back to normal. I've been having phone line and broadband problems, so am very behind with blogs too.

    ReplyDelete