Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Oh me, oh my.....

I had a partial post written, but so much time has passed that it was old news. The story of my life. Always  behind. I suppose it is because every day seems the same, except for a trip to the ER in an ambulance over our potholed roads. That was on Palm Sunday evening. I managed to be sick enough that my daughter was concerned and called 911. I was checked out, and sent home after about 4 hours. A little anxiety and a panic attack en route to hospital would leave me hurting, because of my fibromyalgia. So I got over the sick spell, but am still paying the price. It is better, thank heaven.

The upshot of all that is that our daughters decided we should investigate home care. The worry is that should something happen to me we had to have something in place for the Captain. It appears that I am a 24/7 caregiver. We are going to get the life alert, in case one of us has a fall. This would be good if I'm out for groceries, or whatever.  The Captain refuses most of the help suggested by the homecare representative so we didn't get far with that.  We are fortunate to be able to get our first shot of covid vaccine this Friday. 

I am glad that spring has arrived even though some days are quite chilly.  At least the sun shines once in a while. I am anxious to get out and putter in the garden, but my body is not ready yet. I can't seem to walk very far, and when I do attempt housework,  the movement bothers my back which is sore all the time anyway. 

Well, I got my Covid shot on Friday. My arm is a bit sore, and I have a bit of a headache but it is not too bad.

 Things are changing in this household as I write this, so I'll leave this now.

Here's to one day at a time.


3 comments:

  1. One day at a time, sweet Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of Aslan. Take care of yourself, Bonnie. The garden and the house will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do take care of yourself. You cannot give care to the Captain when you are not in good health.

    ReplyDelete