Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2016

WHOA......!

This year is racing away to its conclusion without me......the days whiz by and this month is almost over. Whoa..I say, whoa, slow down. Of course it doesn't matter what I say the days come and go like someone is clicking through a series of pictures, not taking the time to enjoy each one....click, click, click.

It isn't as though my days are so full of activities, that the time passes quickly. No, far from it. I have to keep pushing myself to get anything done. The routines of the day are just that, routine.....every day is the same, mostly. Even in my little reminder book, I write the same things. Do this, do that, go here, go there. I wonder if others feel this way. It isn't that I am looking for something exciting to happen. Excitement would probably lay me low. No it isn't excitement, it is........meaning? Oh, did I just write that? Mmmmmm. I wonder why.......

While I contemplate what I just wrote, let's take a look at a few pictures I snapped. They are not that great, but show a bit of autumn around here.

the sumac are quite lovely





I do not know why a bee would search through bird
seed. It stayed quite a while and was joined by a few more.

Poor little scruffy looking Goldfinch. Must be molting,
getting winter feathers


Before I finish this post, I must tell you that I have decided that I am going to get a kitten. It has been a long time since Sadie died, and I have missed having a four-legged friend in the house. Heather has beautiful kittens, born in their barn, but tamed with love through the summer. I just made the decision this morning........now I am finally excited about something. Stay tuned.........

4 comments:

  1. Goody - a kitten! I can't wait to see it. Looks like your fall is progressing nicely. Mine is already over. Talk about time flying - there is snow in my yard! We all search for meaning. It's what life's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting the little guy sometime after the 2nd of Nov. He has a surgeon's appointment that day, but don't mention it to him. :) We have had rain last night and today, and I must say I am not ready to face snow yet. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I do understand how life can be busy with just the day to day stuff.When I look back on a week,I seem to have accomplished so little, but have been busy all the time. Hope that kitty brings you great joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather has promised me that he will bring me joy. I am getting him a bit early, and I will take care of his operation. I am really looking forward to having him here.

      Delete