Pages

Friday, February 7, 2020

Snow, snow, snow...

...and the 3rd Sunday in a row that I haven't been to church, and I've only had 1 choir practice, and no uke group. Our storms have come on Thursdays and Sundays, choir and church days. I should be thankful, and I am, that I don't live in Newfoundland which has had a huge blizzard, with a state of emergency, that will probably last a few more days. The snow drifts are so high that people can't get out their doors. I'm lucky that I have a daughter who loves to shovel, to do our driveway. She cleared the drive with the tractor just once so far. She'd rather shovel, and is very particular, especially with her own driveway.

Monday: I do believe that there are no storms forecast for the coming week. It will be cold, but at least  there won't be snow. I may even have choir practice, and get to church. I had a little practice session with my uke this morning. I hadn't picked it up since before Christmas.

.........and there went January. I had hoped to get a post done in January, but that was a lost cause. I did manage to get to church and uke group last Sunday. Hopefully, February will be better, but I'm not holding my breath.

The first Sunday of February found a storm skirting our area for a change, and doing a good job of dumping snow on Cape Breton. Since then, the days have been clear. But, there's always a storm around the corner....

I am not doing a great job of getting things done around here, or getting out to spend 'me time'. I have done a bit of needle felting, but what I really want to do is get out my acrylics and paint on canvas. So far, I haven't started, but I feel the urge building up in me.







The weather has blessed us with snow, freezing rain and rain, through last night into today and this evening. As a result,  no choir practice. I'm glad we practice songs ahead so we are semi prepared on Sunday .

I think I will end this here. Aslan sends his regards.




1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about not getting things done. I want to do so much, but at the end of the day, very little has been done.

    ReplyDelete