Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Staying Home

Yes, I am under voluntary isolation, due to my daughter's insistence because of my age and vulnerability, and it wouldn't be very good to bring the virus home to the captain.
So I am delighted that I don't have to go grocery shopping for a while. (See the smirky giggle behind the hand).
Life has taken on a whole new stance. No visitors for the Captain on a Sunday morning, no church, no choir, no uke group.  Beyond that, life is about the same.
This is certainly a time of testing, and patient waiting. Covid 19 is taking its toll all over the world. Still, there are some who do not take it seriously, which is a sad commentary on the compassion or lack there of of those who will not listen to health directives.

I am at the end of 6 weeks isolation, and at the end of an absolutely horrible week for our province. 22 people lost their lives at the hand of a gunman, and crushed the soul of several small communities. I think we are all still reeling from this unspeakable evil. My heart aches for all the families who have lost loved ones so suddenly.

Our pastor is doing a church service on facebook, which is nice. I'm also using zoom for a Bible Study. You make the best of a poor situation.

I started this post probable 5 weeks ago, and though I have thought of working on it, since I have so much time, but I guess I have to be "in the mood" to actually sit down and type.

I initially intended to show the pictures I took when I had an opportunity to go the Ironwood Farm. It was the first time in ages that I was able to go. I have to plan around meal times for the Captain. Now I can't even remember when we went. Anyhow, here are a few pictures of the lambs.







And of course here's Aslan



I have also been doing lots of needle felting. I will have to put the pictures on my laptop then move them here. 











It is a beautiful, warm day today. I went outside to enjoy the sun, and 
to rake up all the branches that fell after the wind blew over the top
of a tree. What a mess. At least it didn't hit anything but the ground.

That's it for now. Take care all and stay safe.
Blessings to all





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are taking the necessary precautions to stay safe. I am so sorry about that senseless loss of life at the hands of a gunman. Love those little lambs, they are adorable .

    ReplyDelete