Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Farewell 2020


Yes, goodbye 2020, I'm not sad to see you go. What a strange year, not only for me, but the whole world. Covid 19 has wrecked havoc on us all. Here in Nova Scotia, we have been fairly lucky compared to most other provinces to our west. The Atlantic provinces have managed to keep numbers low, and that's a good thing. Still, I am being very careful, keeping my contacts low, and not going shopping unless absolutely necessary. We must wear masks in stores, and keep the physical distance. I did all my Christmas shopping in our local independent book store. I just didn't want to brave the bigger stores.

We still have health rules about gathering for worship services, masks and distancing, no singing, and it makes for a rather strange service with a small congregation spread out over the whole space.  I sure miss having the choir singing. Our pastor is doing double duty. He does an on line service, and the in person one. 

I think one of the main things I have missed for the past 9 months is being able to hug. At least I am able to hug my girls. I am still being careful to not have visitors except for 2 friends of  the Captain. They come Sunday morning for coffee, while I'm at church. 

I had a visit today from a young friend and his girlfriend. I felt bad that we had to chat outside, but that's the way it is. I was lovely seeing him. I've known him since he was a baby. He's such a nice young man. 

Now, the dishes are waiting for me, sitting on the counter, and I know they won't wash themselves. I really want to finish this before the year ends. Leave it on a high note so to speak. 


This is my Christmas card this year. 

Aslan having a little nap, where he shouldn't be napping of course.

He does this quite often, usually when I'm trying to accomplish something

for instance, when I am trying to paint

I had to put Aslan in the basement a few times to get these and 14 more snowflakes done.

You can see why I have to remove him.

Anyhow, this is it, the end of the year and the end of this post.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year
May we all stay safe
as we wait to get vaccinated



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. i hope this new year will bring positive changes to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really you and Aslan coming to me with a post? That boy is VERY spoiled! I'm not on Instagram much anymore (I don't like it as well now that Facebook took over). I do miss seeing your posts though. Bob and I are still isolating here in Breckenridge. We haven't even seen the grandchildren in person since the weather turned too cold to visit outside. Hugs - what are those? Happy New Year to you and your family! (And to Aslan, of course.)

    ReplyDelete