Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hummers

I was able to catch two humming birds, both male, having a territorial dispute in the magnolia tree. I could only get them through the window, so the pictures are not as clear as I would like. The whirring and humming and diving and soaring went on for what seemed like a very long time, perhaps 30-40 minutes. I'm not sure who won, but there have been no further antics since.






They would do their air acrobatics then have a little drink, fly, and have a little drink, sometimes together.

Enjoyed an evening at Ironwood this past Saturday, as Rupert celebrated a birthday. The lambs have really grown, but are still just as sweet. Sadie was disappointed that she couldn't go, but Hazel was relieved that the little, hairy, black and white thing was not there.

A little black cloud has been following me around for the last few days. It drops dark thoughts, and I cannot run fast enough to leave it behind. Lots of little things, pile up, and the load becomes very heavy....and my thoughts become like my little humming birds, whirring and diving and humming.....but never soaring.

8 comments:

  1. It was lovely to see you on Saturday...and all of the lambs are doing well, although not too happy with the drizzle today.
    Our neighbour has a "flock" of about 20 hummingbirds that visit each year from May to August - she has to fill the feeders multiple times each day - amazing! It felt like I was watching an active bee hive when I was watching them. Maybe I can take you down next time you are here.
    Perhaps it's just the change in weather and pressure that has you down (or maybe that transit of Venus?). Keep looking at the birds and getting outside. Love you...hj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the little ones are doing ok. I'm with them, not being happy with the drizzle. I hope to get outside, once the weather picks up. Luv u 2.

      Delete
  2. I hope the little black cloud disperses soon, Bonnie. I love your photos of humming-birds and can't get over the fact that you have them in Canada. I can't help thinking of them purely as inhabitants of the tropics. Must widen my mind....:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Perpetua. The cloud comes and goes. The humming birds are so wonderful to watch. We have some folk who have several feeders out and have to fill them more than once a day, because they have so many.

      Delete
  3. I'm sending some happy clouds your way...

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Movita. One of these days we'll have to get together, at Ironwood.

      Delete
  4. Bonnie, wishing that perhaps your dark cloud has dissolved and that you are experiencing days of sunshine. It's hard when those dismal times come. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days are a bit brighter now, thank you.

      Delete