Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Antics in the Yard

We had a lot of rain yesterday, which is a good thing, since our well is pretty low. We really have to watch our water use. This is definitely a consequence of a dry summer. The wind has blown fairly hard all day today, and this morning it was quite chilly. Fall can't be far away. I tried to post a video of the chipmunk and bird antics, but it just wouldn't "finish", so I finally gave up. Stills will have to suffice. I so enjoy watching. Even if I can't share the videos, I love to watch them myself. Perhaps they are too long. I sort of got carried away, and there are neat shots of blurry trees, and leaves on grass, while I tried to follow a bird or the chipmunk. Ah well.

There are usually 12-15 finches around


The purple colour doesn't show up very well, but the bird on the left looks
like it has been dunked in raspberry juice. It's a purple finch. The female
looks more like a sparrow. The young goldfinch on the right is ok with the company.

A bit blurry, but I had to add another feeder to accommodate the numbers

And of course, little Chippy.
 
The hummingbirds are still here, though it won't be too long before they start heading south, perhaps they'll stay another week if I'm lucky. I will miss them.
 
It will soon be time to start up Fall programs at the church, so I have been going through music, to get ready for choir. It will be interesting to say the least, doing this on my own. Hope all goes well.
I have an assistant who will play when I have to be away. That's a good thing, since I have an operation on my eye coming up. Darned cataract...........!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your cataract operation. My mom had one and it went really well. So did my mother-in-law. As for keeping up with those wild antics, it's hard indeed! You did a good job trying, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Enjoy your time with your son. My girls live pretty close, and I am very thankful for that.

      Delete
    2. You are so lucky to have them close! We had a wonderful visit. Hope to publish some photos but must respond to comments & read other blogs first.

      Delete