Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rejoice in little things

I was sitting, thinking, and feeling pretty good, because I had just balanced my cheque book.

I was so happy, it was so easy today, and I thought how strange it was that I could feel so good about balancing a cheque book.

Then the thoughts flowed, and I thought about how people sometimes are looking for the end of the rainbow, the big prize, the fullfillment of dreams, the pot of gold.

Now, me, I just need to be satisfied with enjoying the rainbow itself, with its beautiful colours, blending overhead. To be satisfied with the moment, even in the rain, rejoicing in the fact that I just balanced my bank account without any stress.

Strange isn't it, what little things can give a person joy.

So many things are bothersome in my fibro, depression filled life, that sometimes it is an effort to find a reason to rejoice, and then I have moments like I just had, thoughts that pull me up short, and help me to realize that there are lots of joy-filled moments. I just have to recognize them.

 
May you find the simple joys in life.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Bonnie! I look forward to those "moments" of clafication....life can be so simple and peaceful. We sometimes need to remember to search out those events and the positive people who add to them. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, Marie for reading and sharing. Sometimes it is hard to see the special moments, but when we do it is priceless.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't have said this better myself. I call it "moments" of joy. You can't expect life to be perfect, but you can expect perfect moments. That's what I live for. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, YES! Oh you expressed this so beautifully, Bonnie. THIS is what counts. The simple joy of balancing a checkbook. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. Perhaps I am learning something from you. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully put and so true, Bonnie. These moments are perfect and very precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Perpetua, if only there were a few more moments like that, but then maybe if there were more, they wouldn't be quite as special.

      Delete