Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Margaretsville and Other Stuff

     Last Tuesday, I decided to take a little trip to the Fundy Shore, to Margaretsville. It is not far from here, about 30 -40 minutes. I wanted to visit a little art shop, where a friend of mine has her paintings. I asked granddaughter # 2 to go with me, and she did. I was able to get this painting, and I was so glad.



L. posed for me against the backdrop of the water.
She is growing up so much

As you can see there was fog lying just off shore

This is the Margaretsville Lighthouse. I have painted 
it before, but I might do it again.
I really enjoy going over to the shore, and I don't get there
often enough.

Other Stuff.....

I have been doing a little felting. This is supposed to be a gnome.

And this is a card I found....from long ago......






......it was made quite some time ago by HJ
I thought it was really cute.
(Toby was our cat, and Dingy was our budgy just in case you thought I
gave strange names to my kids, :))
I found several cards from the girls when they were small, and it was nice to read them. It's amazing what kids think about their parents when they are young. I had some good laughs and a little cry too.

There's not too much else today, except to say that soon R will be leaving for university, and L will be going to High School. Where did the year go, never mind the summer.

Hoping for some nice fall days ahead, good for apple picking.

Have a great day.





2 comments:

  1. You used to always say you were 29...and whenever any of the Guides would ask your age, you insist you were 29. I guess you had us going along with it, too. (I do remember using that "unique" handwriting style...just can't quite remember the year. Likely grade 6/7?). You were probably closer to 40. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for clearing up the puzzle. I had forgotten about always saying I was 29. I suppose it is too late to go back to that isn't it?

      Delete