Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

An End to a Busy Week

It seems to have been a very long week and I am quite weary tonight. I haven't had a chance until now to write this post.

I haven't too much to say this week, but I do have a few pictures to share.....be prepared for white, white, and more white.

The old apple tree in the back yard

The snow stayed on the trees a long time








Some of the pictures were taken in the early morning,
and I think that is why they are more blue and white.
Either that or my camera has a mind of its own.

We enjoyed a nice meal out with friends this evening, which was a good time.

Let's see what the next week brings, and what surprises might be in store.

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I like snows like that.Makes everything look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was quite pretty, and extremely heavy. I does clean things up a bit, but now it is melting, and leaves behind grunge. The sun is shining and that is always a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Whites are the hardest thing to capture on camera - photographers complain about it all the time! The blue cast is very common, and most likely because of the light at that time of day and because cameras have difficulty seeing snow the way our eyes do. Shade can confuse the camera, so if you're standing in a shady area, the camera sometimes can't figure snow out. That said, it's never bothered me! Your photos are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Movita. I was indoors for the shots, so I can see that the poor old camera could get confused. I'm not that much of a photographer, so I take what I get.

      Delete
  3. I am quite envious of all that snow as we rarely get it that deep, but I hate it when it turns to slush. If it could just disappear when we've had enough....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you can enjoy it in pictures. I is quite beautiful, but very hard to clear away from porches and driveways. We have had a few days of clear roads now and that is always good. You get wind and water and we get wind and snow. Spring would be nice right about now. :)

      Delete
  4. What lovely snow pictures, Bonnie. I know snow can be a nuisance, but so is rain and at least snow makes everything look so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me very sad to see all the damage that flooding has caused, the raging rivers and the broken bridges. You are right, it is a different world in the quiet after a snow storm.

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of white! It makes the world seem so cold and pure and pristine. Hope you are staying warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying very hard to stay warm, though the last few days have really been frigid. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete