Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

It's Our Turn Now

As I type, the wind is blowing and the snow is falling, and we are probably going to get around 20cm of the flakey stuff before morning….this is on top of the freezing rain we received earlier today. I had to make a trip down the mountain to the pharmacy, and light freezing rain began just as I left. By the time I headed back up the mountain, the road was covered with ice. I made it home safely, and have not been out since.

                The week has been a strange one. It rained on Monday, and snowed on Thursday. I cancelled our first choir practice because of the snow that day. At this point weather folk are broadcasting a winter storm warning. Uh huh…..a winter storm is what I saw out my window…. Well, it is winter in Nova Scotia, and it is January.............

Sunday morning and church is cancelled, and now tiny snow flakes are falling. I couldn't have gotten out of the driveway so hadn"t planned on going. I suspect we had around 20+ cm which is about 8".

I have a new little "pet." She's quite easy to care for. :)

she is rather a weird looking turtle.

.....very weird....





Some pictures of our snow as it was building up yesterday.

I just went out and shovelled the porch and took the snow off the car for the Captain, so he
could do some plowing. That snow is heavy. I think it is time for a little rest. 
So glad that I don't have to go anywhere today.

Hope you are having a good day where ever you are.

Cheers

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, Bonnie. Stay warm and safe inside if you can until the weather improves. Some places in the UK had snow overnight, but we just had mist and drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Perpetua. Thank you for all your nice comments on the last few blogs and this one too. Trying to stay warm, but we are being hit with another blast today, and it is quite cold with the wind blowing quite hard.

      Delete
  2. Love your pictures. We have keen frost but no snow to speak of although it is cold enough. I hope you stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems at this point the weather won't give us a break. School is cancelled again today because of blowing snow and tricky roads. Ah well. We have to take what we get, don't we.

      Delete
  3. Yes,it is winter,January to be exact and snow and storms are to be expected,at least where I live.Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I stay safe, is mostly to stay indoors when it is miserable out. Today is one on those days, again. At this point in my life I am glad that I don't have to get up, clean the car off, push my was out of the driveway and go to work. There are some blessings in being retired.

      Delete
  4. Hi Bonnie, We're having wind and snow, too. We'll have about two feet before the storm is over. Luckily, we don't have to be anywhere so the fire is keeping us cozy. Stay inside with Mr Turtle and keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pictures always are so beautiful, but I am not sure I could take your winters. Ours are bad enough. Mr. Turtle will be with me for a while, unless I see someone who would like to have it. I tend to give all my little critters away.

      Delete