Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Taming of the Kitten

Tuesday:
 This is the beginning of the 4th day, and I feel I have made progress with little Aslan. I know where he is, and when I look at him he doesn't skitter away. He took treats from me this morning. He is doing rather well on his own, eating and using the litter, which is a good thing for sure. He looks at me, and I can see that he is just not ready to trust me. Time, it will take time.
He let me give him a little scratch on his head this afternoon, without backing away. Sound the trumpets....Dah dah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday am : Success via a tweet from @1catshepherd where a cat meowed. I went upstairs and sat on the floor and played the tweet and quick as a wink, Aslan was out. I had put the food dish in the middle of the floor and he started to eat. Then he came over and let me pet him, as he investigated this human sitting on the floor blithering away at him. He purred so loud and kneaded. I don't need to tell you how thrilled I was at this progress. He stayed out for about a half hour while I was seated.




He took a treat from me hand several times



All was well until I stood up. He watched me while I swept up loose litter that he had managed to get all over the floor by his box, but then, when I moved toward him, he headed back to his hidey hole.
More progress is needed before he really feels comfortable, but it's a wonderful start to his 5th day.

I am one happy gal
making progress with my new pal
He has captured my heart
He's a handsome boy
such a joy

10 comments:

  1. Your persistence will pay off.He is a cutie, alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are slowly making progress, and I don't want to rush him. He is still quite skitterish, but seems to like my presence.

      Delete
  2. Glad to finally see little Aslan! Such a sweet face. Patience will win his heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to finally be able to get some pictures. As it turns out, he rather likes getting his picture taken.

      Delete
  3. Aslan - a perfect name for a courageous kitten who will soon come to your beck and call. I loved the Aslan in the C.S. Lewis books, of course. Hope Aslan will be curling up in your lap soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela. He is curling up on my lap, but is still very skittish. Hopefully he will get more comfortable as the days go on.

      Delete
  4. Awwwww....what a beautiful kitten! You have a lovely blog and your header is stunning! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Linda. I shall skip over and check yours out. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  5. Good for you, Bonnie!! I am very glad that you decided to take on a new cat. It's not easy to replace an animal but once you get around to it, you won't regret it. He is the most handsome young man, isn't he? I haven't been reading your blog properly lately so this was all new to me. Linda is right, that header is really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aslan is a special little boy, quite willing to give lots of love. I missed having a 4 legged friend, but this little guy seems to have moved right into my heart. I didn't think that would be possible after Sadie. All the best to you.

      Delete