Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February Ending

Ah yes, the end of February....Spring is on the horizon (I hope). I mean, I know it is coming but you know how it is. The weather can not make up its mind....one day cold, one day rainy, one day warm.
I know that we will probably have more snow. March is such a strange month. I can't help but wonder if the global warming has anything to do with the weird weather we have.

I had a wonderful but tiring week last week. It seems that I go for days on the regular routine, and then in the course of seven days I go, go, go. On the Monday things just worked out so that I, along with Dawn and Lindsay were able to go the Ironwood to see Heather and the new lambs. This is always a joy, to see the wee babes, bottle feed some of them, and to have a chance to see Heather. The weather even cooperated and the day was lovely.

Wednesday evening I went to the opening night of the high school play, The Wizard of Oz. Granddaughter Lindsay was in it, and the students did a marvelous job. It was long, about three hours, but well worth seeing. In fact, I went again to the matinee on Sunday to see it again. It was thoroughly professional. I am amazed how well the students perform. My favourite character was the cowardly lion, who was perfect for the part, and did an outstanding job. All of the characters were well played, but the lion stood out.

By Sunday night I was worn to a frazzle, but wouldn't have it any other way. It bugs me that going and doing is hard on this old body, but I guess one just has to do the best they can. I'll always have fibro, but going to the play and seeing Heather is special and the chances of doing that come along only once in a while.

As usual Aslan has been up to his attention seeking self. He is worming himself further into my heart, but he is a pest sometimes. He managed to spill my coffee all over my desk the other morning. Not a pretty sight, but it was the first time he did that.

My granddaughter Rae was home for a day or two from university so I was also able to spend some time with her and Colton last week as well. Tomorrow is her 21st birthday. Wow. Oh my. Time does not march on, it races....


This little fellow was one day old.







I sat in the pen and had several of the babies suck on my fingers, chew on
my boots and jacket. I told the girls that the time spent with the lambs
was soul lifting. Felt good, just enjoying the new life and not
thinking of anything else.


I have also been doing what I call abstract doodling, and Aslan is always on hand to help out. 

Ah, the sun is shining. How lovely. On that bright note I will end this. Hope you have a good day
as you are reading this. I'm going to try.
I shall end this before Aslan stars walking on the keys....

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just love the wee ones. They are now up to 90+. Never a dull moment there, especially with the storms we've had of late.

      Delete
  2. Your spring is coming in like a lamb! We have had warmer days and sunshine this week, too, but I'm sure there will be more cold and snow. In fact, we need more snow for our forests and reservoirs. I love seeing Aslan's naughty self! He's purrrfect for you. Our granddaughter is also in her high school play (Pippin). We'll be attending a performance later this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderful to watch the teens perform. They do such a great job. As I write this we are expecting another storm. Tomorrow should be interesting. Alan is naughty, but he makes us laugh. That's good because there is not much to laugh at otherwise.

      Delete