Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year Bears


These are my New Year bears, because I made them between Christmas and New Years, while the snow fell and the wind blew. Last Sunday was bitterly cold and we had a large amount of snow fall. Everything was cancelled, including church, which is a good thing, because I would never have made it out of the driveway. We were snowed right in. Since then, it has been windy and very cold, and I have not been out on the road at all. I even had difficulty trudging through the snow to feed the birds.

This is a couple of days after the storm

Jack Frost painted a nice ice picture on my window.
I could only see the forms of the birds through the ice.

A view from the other side.

Little snow birds feeding on the ground.
 
 
There have been several pheasants around the feed and the back yard apple trees. I have not been able to get a picture of them, but I will continue to try. They are very nervous and notice even a small movement from the window.
 
We are still getting snow showers. Folks call it "showers off the Bay"(of Fundy). Just lucky I guess.
 

Sadie did not like the sound of the wind,
and wanted to stay on my lap.
She's a nervous nelly when it comes to wind, or thunder.
 
Wishing all a very Happy New Year



3 comments:

  1. And a very happy New year to you too, Bonnie. I love your bears, though I wouldn't be quite so keen on all your snow. Still it would make a change from all the rain we've had in the past year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get the less keen I am about the snow and getting out in it. I have noted on the blogs I read that you folks have had more than your fair share of rain, and flooding. Hopefully things will get better soon.

      Delete