Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The sun is shining...

...and the sky is blue, and it is beautiful. It is cold, but that is alright. It is just so nice to see the sun.

When I woke this morning, it was strange not to hear the wind. It was quiet, so quiet.
I did not get up very early this morning, as I was and still am, very tired from my weekend, which is the price I pay for enjoying myself.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Halifax, and so did Sadie, though she did spend time looking for her puppy pals. She and Jack, the cat, sort of got along. I do not think Jack appreciated the intrusion of this thing, that definitely was not a cat, but not quite a dog either. It was funny to watch them. Jack was very protective of his things, and gave Sadie a few reminders that she was invading his home.
I think Sadie was glad to see E and D, despite the cat.

Our evening with Stuart McLean was very enjoyable. He is very funny. The show was being taped, so he had to repeat some lines, when what he had said, wasn't quite right.

Saturday morning, after Dawn and Heather visited the market, Dawn and I went to a basketball game that Rae's team was playing. Her team won, so Rae had to play another game. Dawn, Sadie and I headed home, as Dawn had to walk in the Coldest Night Of The Year campaign at 5pm.

I was tired when I got home, and had an early night.
Sunday, I played at an extra church service at 3pm plus my regular morning service, and by the time 7:30pm came around, I could barely keep my eyes open. I went off to bed, read a short time then gave in to my weariness and turned off the light.

Today....well, I am still drooping, but having been here before, I know that the feeling will linger. I just have to keep on keeping on.

8 comments:

  1. Keep going Bonnie! You are such an inspiration. Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the inspiration part, but thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're so tired, Bonnie, but at least it's a tiredness brought on by enjoyable things. I'm glad the sun is shining for you. It makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. I very much appreciate your comments. You're right. The sun's appearance does make a difference in my outlook. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. "It's cold, but that's alright." Wiser words were never written. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you feeling a little more cheery and less droopy, Bonnie? Hopefully by now. I find it harder to adjust back at home after an enjoyable trip for a few days. Seems harder as I get older. What does that foretell for the future? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little less droopy, Kathy. There are times when I wish I could just get out there in this weird world and run, run, run.....but then I realize that the last time I did that was when my girls were little. :)

      Delete