Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Finishing Things....

     I'm not sure when I started the hall sign, but the first few hours were spent just giving the old board a new coat of paint.  Then came the painting of the picture, which took a while even before I started, just staring at it, and wondering what I could do with it. I had painted the picture on the sign back in the late '80s or early '90s.  I can't remember what the date said now, but my challenge was to come up with a similar picture for the "new" sign.  I didn't really have a suitable photo to go from, so had to use my imagination.  Today I put the last brush stroke on it, and called it finished.  I could keep dabbing at it, but sooner or later, one has to say 'that's it'.  Now I just hope that it is acceptable to the community club, as there's no going back.



     I have also spent some time on my needle felting.  I really enjoy doing this.  I can lose myself in it, and because I have no expertise in it, I am finding my way, making mistakes and creating, which is the best thing. I am so glad Heather introduced me to it.





    And, finally, my magnolia tree is in full bloom.  That is a sign to me that spring is definitely here.  Of course, I have seen it blooming and there has been a skiff of snow on the ground, but things are looking up, and the sun is trying to shine each day.  The drawbacks of the sunny days is that the black flies are starting to show up too.  Ah well, take the good with the bothersome.  That's life on more than one level.

No comments:

Post a Comment