Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Changes

     As life goes on, changes are a part of it. Things can never stay the same, we grow, we learn, we are dissappointed, we are happy, we are sad. Folks come into our lives and folks leave, move away, and you carry on the best you can.
    
     A very dear friend of mine, and many others in the community, has left our mountain for Prince Edward Island, her childhood home, after many years here. She was, among other things, our very accomplished Church Organist, and now I have been asked to take the position. I won't be able to fill her shoes, but hope that I can live up to the confidence she has in me. This morning was my first, as organist, and it felt a little different somehow, than the times I have filled in when A was away. We shared the responsibilty of the ministry of music. I will miss her so very much, but it has given me a reason to visit the Island again. We were stationed in Summerside for three years, and our oldest daughter was born there. It is a beautiful place, and A will enjoy her new life there.

Today is Canada Day, our 145th birthday as a country. Parties and celebrations are going on all over the country, with a great big one on Parliament Hill, in Ottawa. Here in NS many towns and little villages are having celebrations. As a country, we are always changing!

Changes are happening in the life of our young people who are graduating and beginning a new chapter, setting off to university or college. Lindsay has "graduated" from elementary school and is off to middle school in September. That will be a big change for her.

Now to something I wish I could change. When B had a stroke, three years ago, we stopped having a strawberry u-pick.  We are still getting calls, asking if we are open. I just had to turn away two families who had driven here from Dartmouth to pick our berries. How can I change all the web sites that mention our farm, so that they will not advertise that we have strawberries. Now I will be on a site search to see if I can change what they say about us. One nice thing, even though it isn't true any longer, was that the site these folks followed listed us as a 5* u-pick, and that's why they came here.

Lindsay receiving a Leadership Award

Receiving Graduation Certificat from Principal and teacher

Painting of Lotus Flower - I changed this thing so many times
I finally had to stop, and be done with it.

I love rocks
Friends came to visit, and brought me these rocks. I was thrilled, not only because of the rocks
but because they thought of me, and knew I would appreciate them.


Well, I'm off to do some searching.....Happy Canada Day.....or just Happy Day.......

4 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day, Bonnie. You will miss your friend, but congratulations on your post as Church Organist - always a much valued member of the team in all the parishes I worked in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Perpetua. My friend and I spent about 30 years working together, so it is going to be very different without her.

      Delete
  2. Happy Canada Day, Bonnie. It was good to read your post. I love the rocks you showed, too. Nice that someone knew they would mean something to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5* U-pick...even without any outhouses!? :) Must have been that customer service!
    I will travel to the island with you anytime you want to go visiting...in fact, I have a few bags of wool to take over to the mill at some point - just say the word! xo

    ReplyDelete