Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Blue Sky

Yes, I can hardly believe my eyes, but I'm pretty sure that right up there, up there above the trees is blue sky, and wait, yes, there is hardly any wind. A little respite from the past days of cloud and snow and cold, cold, cold.

Not that it isn't cold out now, but it is not as cold. The great pile of snow has gone down quite a bit, and best of all the road is bare. There are 'warmer' days ahead, well relatively warmer.

Poor Sadie, has had a terrible time trying to find a place to do her 'business'. Walking on ice is definitely not her favourite thing.

Normalcy has returned, after the Christmas/New Years celebration, and it is back to routine, which I welcome.

Our Pastor and wife have a new addition to their family. A daughter was born on January 31st. So wonderful. The little one was oohed and awed over, by her church family last Sunday. It will be so nice watching her grow, as we did their first daughter. It is going to be fun! Can you imagine it? A two year old and a baby........

I am having a hard time settling into one thing, since Christmas. I have painted some bookmarks, done some writing, needle felting, and reading. I have also been playing my uke. Love it! My young fellow has started back at piano lessons, and pleasantly surprised me by showing how he had worked very hard over the holidays learning to read the notes and know their names.

I have a little squirrel invading my bird feeders, and am not too pleased, but it can't be helped, just so long as it doesn't GET IN THE HOUSE! Pheasant have also paid a visit a few times, during the worst of the days past. I haven't seen them in a while.

Appointment with my doctor, has been cancelled three times, due to weather, and now he's sick. I am not all that disappointed, but felt bad for his secretary who had to make all the calls and change appointment dates. I wouldn't want her job, but she told me, most people are understanding.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you played the uke. How fun! And especially cool that your young fellow is back at the piano. Our kids took piano lessons, and so did I for a while. Hopefully you can get in with your doctor soon. Life can be challenging here in the North Country in the winter, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't played it in a long time. Switched to guitar, but when I taught back in the mid '60s I played for the kids in my class. We sang, as a break from hum drum work. After all our snow, now it is going to rain hard, tonight and tomorrow. It is almost like you have to wear snowshoes and carry an umbrella. Take care. Stay warm.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the magic of ordinary days, Bonnie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Bonnie.
    Sadie is adorable :)

    Stay warm and be well ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrrr. Beautiful but brrrrr. Love your pictures and your blog. Thanks so much for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the improvement in your weather continues, Bonnie. Here the rain has eased off, but it's still pretty grey most of the time. No need to settle to just one thing - after all they do say variety is the spice of life. Enjoy your music-making. :-)

    ReplyDelete