Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.....

   That's the kind of week I've had.....

 I had a wonderful evening with my girls at the play, Mary Poppins. It was a great show, with excellent acting, singing, humour and outstanding stage backdrops. Mary floated across the stage, and Bert danced on the rooftops of London. I have been singing the songs all week, though I have to admit that in my head it is still Julie Andrews who is singing.

The first school exploratory was Wednesday afternoon. Five children had signed up, 3 girls and 2 boys. I have to keep the class small because of the needles, which are sharp. The children were very interested in learning, and although there was a bit of discouragement when things didn't go as well as the child thought it should, a bit of a pep talk and a few well placed needle pokes, and they all left with a felted apple, and I think they were pleased.

As it turned out, Wednesday was for me a very busy day. In the morning, along with getting felting supplies and wool ready for the afternoon, there were cookies to be made for my groups turn to supply food for the weekly card party at the community hall.

After spending most of the afternoon at the school, there was super to get ready, and then I headed out to a Mother's Day tea at the church. Lindsay and Leanne (daughter of a WMS member) were singing at the tea.  We had practiced on Tuesday evening and the girls learned the songs they were going to sing. They practiced just before the tea, and then after only the two practices, sang beautifully at the tea. I was very pleased with them. At the end of the day, I was more than ready to climb into bed and sleep for a week.

I think it was Thursday morning, that I was able to do a bit more cleanup in the garden. My back would only let me work for a short time. I noticed that the skunks have been busy 'weeding' my lawn, looking for grubs and such. I just wish that they would learn to replace the sod, following their night search.

So, along with my regular activities, preparing for and leading Bible Study, Mondays, piano student Tuesdays and choir Thursdays, and deciding I had to get some supplies Friday, I found the week to be a bit much. I am hoping to recover a bit this weekend.
     Oh, and besides all this I stayed up to watch a Montreal Canadians hockey game on Thursday night. Not a good thing to do, when you are already tired..........


I have since added googly eyes to these fellows
 

Flowers given to me by a friend, right out of the blue

My Sleepy Sadie
 
Have a wonderful weekend
May the days shine bright
Love, laugh, enjoy the day
And sleep well through the night

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a wonderful week.
    It sure was a busy week.
    Happy Mother's Day, Bonnie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you've had a busy week, Bonnie. I hope your weekend is restful. I'm really glad you enjoyed the performance. Mary Poppins is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The play was excellent, and we all enjoyed it. Just being with my girls is wonderful. I don't think I've caught up with my rest yet, but that is nothing new.

      Delete
  3. Magic moments! Love the felted fellows - pattern, please! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy. I haven't a pattern. Sorry. But they are styrofoam balls, with the wool felted on them, and then nose and eyes felted on to the base wool. It didn't work as well as I hoped. I didn't find it difficult, but the kids had trouble covering the ball. I probably won't do that with kids again. But, they seemed to have fun, and that's the important thing.

      Delete