Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Year Ending

29th - Ending, because it has not quite ended. It has been a long year, and I shall not be sad to leave it behind, although I probably will not see much difference in the new year.
I took down the Christmas decorations and now have to put them away in their tubs and put them in the attic. Oh, my aching back.

30th - Christmas day ended with a power outage. Actually the power went off just as we were eating, so we finished by lantern light. We were one of the lucky ones, considering some Nova Scotians didn't get their power back till Wednesday evening. Ours was only out four hours. This week had continued to be extremely cold, and I haven't driven since last Sunday. I managed to get down to Dawn's for a few hours on Thursday, but Heather came to pick me up. It was a fun time with my girls, and Heather and I even won a game. Rae's special friend was there as well, and didn't seem to mind being one male with four females.
Aslan took a few steps out on the porch this afternoon, onto the snow and ice, looked around at all the white stuff and immediately turned around. We have been having snow flurries all week, and there is about three or four inches in places.

31st - This year is ending with extremely cold weather. There has not been a real break this past week. All or most of Canada is suffering from this polar vortex. I would like it to warm up but that of course would mean a snow storm. I shall have to take the bull by the horns and go shopping Tuesday, as Aslan requires his food and litter, which is very important.
My dear daughter Dawn picked me up for church this morning and when she brought me home she proceeded to shovel out my driveway, bless her heart. We tend to get flurries "off the bay" and it seems that we have had snow every day. Some people are lucky.......hah! I suppose it is great for all those who enjoy winter sports and activities, but with the cold, it can't have been too much fun.
And so, I shall end the year, as I do most years, by going to bed at my usual time and trying to get to sleep and stay asleep until the new year.
I did get all the decorations etc. put away in the attic, and only had to rest my poor aching back for about twenty minutes. Done for another year.
I shall leave you with a few pictures, mostly of Aslan of course. Since I have finished the Christmas crafts, I haven't taken as many pictures as I did when I/we were working on decorations.

Aslan helping with my felting

Checking on my painted decorations

Deciding that I didn't need to felt right then

The chief inspector

And now checking out the poor little tree.
He broke about 3 branches.
Good thing I could put them back on

At least the tree wasn't decorated

Rae and Colton

Lindsay

Dawn and Aslan

The Christmas Card I painted for this year.
I'm not sure what it says about the state of my mind.....

And so I bid farewell to 2017, 
not knowing what 2018 will bring,
but as I ponder that I think
Not knowing is a really good thing.

A Very Happy New Year
to all my readers.
Perhaps in the new year 
I will settle down and
do more posts.




4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Bonnie! Who knows what will happen in 2018, but I wish for the best for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. And I wish the best for you in this new year. I do thank you for your blog. It always seems to hit home if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth. May this new year be a good one for you. Blessings.

      Delete