Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

My Goodness.......

It is cold, very cold! The weather is driving me nuts. First there is snow, then it changes to rain, then the temperature rises, and water pours into the basement, then the next day it is freezing cold again....
I am procrastinating because I have to go and get the mail, which means cleaning off the car, because it snowed again, and the wind is blowing, and it is -11C. I don't want to go out. Brrrrrrrrrrr. And, guess what? We are going to get.......more rain tomorrow or Thursday. Can't wait to see where the water will go this time.

Church was cancelled on Sunday because of the miserable weather, and I miss that time of worship. The weather was really messy. I was supposed to play at the local Manor, at their Church service,but of course that was cancelled as well. The roads were treacherous.

My driveway is an ice rink, because of the freezing temperature following the rain. It wouldn't be so bad if the snow would come, and stay, because the temperature stayed cold, instead of this up and down thing that is going on. At least then I could get used to it. Oh well, it is what it is.

I decided to join a local ukulele group that has just started up, and meets at the community hall, Sunday afternoons. We had one meeting, and then the 2nd one was cancelled (of course). I'm not sure if I am to play at the Manor next Sunday, but if not, I hope to get to the uke group. They are at the same time. I was surprised how many people came to the first meeting. Probably twenty, made up of beginners, who wanted to learn, and various other stages of ability. I figured it would be a time for "me" which I am having trouble accomplishing.  Getting out 2 times a week is not working that well. Usually if the weather is decent, I get out to get groceries, or other errands that I have to make. Me time is hard to get to. I haven't done very well at it.

I managed to steel myself, and ventured out to clean off the car and get the mail. It was bitter with the wind blowing. It looks nice out, with a bit of blue sky and if I didn't know better I would think it was pleasant out.  But, I know better.

Aslan, doing one of his 'let's drop right in the middle of mom's work'.


I don't know who is going to dry me bonkers first.
The Captain or Aslan?
Or perhaps it will be the weather,
or cabin fever,
or the water in the basement.
It won't take much.





2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, my friend. Spring will come and the weather will warm up.Ok, maybe I'm preaching to myself, although, I rally don't mind winter. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keeping on! I'm glad you joined the uke group - that is more stimulating "me time" than grocery shopping. Our weather is bitter cold too but here there won't be rain until maybe June. We're at such high altitude it always falls as snow. I like your Header. That Aslan is spoiled!

    ReplyDelete