Pages

Friday, December 27, 2019

December

Well here I am at the end of the year, almost. What a year it has been. Some ups and lots of downs along the way.  Today, the middle of December finds me not ready for Christmas, no decorations up, not all gifts brought, and wondering if it's worth getting all the stuff out of the attic, or putting a tree up, and facing the antics of Aslan.

I am dragging myself around, with little energy and a great dislike of our weather, which runs the gamut of rain, freezing rain, snow flurries, snow, and back to rain, which is what it's doing today. I'm convinced that my poor old body and head are affected by the changes in the weather.

I decided I really had to go out today, and get a few things for Christmas gifts for family. Well, I was so glad to get home. I only managed 3 hours, getting in and out of the car 6 times. I am done....done in...that's all I can do. I hate this fibro. It is always worse when it's cold, or I'm stressed, or both.

And now it is 4 days before Christmas. The tree is up such as it is. Aslan has made a nuisance of himself..as usual. Gifts are bought and a bit of decorating done. In the midst of this preparation, I had to move furniture in the Captain's room so he had enough space to use the walker. Well, you can't move furniture and not vacuum so a good part of yesterday was spent getting that done.

Managed a bit of felting, mostly snow people.




Well, it is now the 27th and it has taken me this long to get this done. My progress is slow, to say the least. Perhaps the new year will bring with it energy, initiative, and perseverance.



My Christmas card this year.




Wishing you all the 
peace and joy this 
season has to offer.
Merry Christmas
and 
Happy New Year



3 comments:

  1. Hope your Christmas was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated good wishes from me too Bonnie. I really admire your snow people. It must be so rewarding to have hands that can do things. My own are not even ornamental.
    Very best wishes for 2020.

    ReplyDelete