Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Month

The beginning of the merry month of May, so they say. It would be merrier if the weather warmed up a little, though I really shouldn't complain.  The heavy rain and wind of last weekend has taken most of the blossoms from the magnolia tree, and now it looks quite sad. On the bright side, the leaves are bursting out on the flowering crab.  A time for everything.

A quick update on Lindsay's "Give Kids the World" project.  She has taken in over $500 for the non-profit group. People have been very kind.

Sadie and I visited the "Jungle" a few days ago. Well, it is not really a jungle, but rather a patch of trees between us and our neighbours. When they were little, my girls would play with their friends here, among the trees, and as their imaginations took over it became the jungle. Rae and Lindsay have also found adventure in the jungle, and so Sadie and I decided we would take a look around.



We didn't spy any wild animals, though Sadie checked out all the smells and sticks and rocks.


The flowering crab

A busy buzzy bee. You can see a lot of petals on the ground.

At this stage, a few more blossoms were just coming out, but the pretty pink colour doesn't last too long.

Not a particularly good shot, but it is our view of the North Mountain.
Soon the leaves will be out and our view will be hidden for the most part.

Tomorrow, I'm off to school for a needle felting time with the kids. I'm looking forward to it.

Just one more picture, another abstract. Sometimes I wonder about me.....









3 comments:

  1. You took a pic of my "thinking rock" from when I was a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the jungle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete